Sunday, January 9, 2011

Things that Scared Me (Jan 1-9)*


*For more detail, see the post that follows this one.

Day 1 (Jan 1) – Commit to doing one thing that scares me every day this year, and writing a blog about it.

Day 2 – Listen to what my fear has to teach me.

Day 3 – Ask for help – finding a “seatbelt” for the ride.

Day 4 – (Try to) start taking a writing class. (I didn’t get in, but am working on other options!)

Day 5 – Clean-up Day: look at any place where I’m not being fully authentic in my relationships and…. clean it up! I had a talk with one person and sent an email to another; not huge stuff, just places where I was avoiding being 100% real about things that might involve conflict. (I love the idea of how honest this can make my relationships, and I may make it a weekly practice).

Day 6 – Go with the flow (on this day I had planned several different things that scared me – including teaching a lesson at an NVC practice group and getting a second opinion on a topic I didn’t really even want to talk about – but they either didn’t scare me as much as I’d expected, or they fell through. So… perhaps another side of the “yin of courage” is to go with the flow when your plans fall through).

Day 7 – Let myself be blatantly set up with a man, by my friends (he didn’t show up and was ten years younger than me anyway, but I was ready to face the music… again, I suppose this was practice in “courageously going with the flow!”).

Day 8 – Ask for difficult feedback (I didn’t get into a program I’d applied for, and I decided to ask why).

Day 9 – Write this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment